If someone you know and trust forwarded this e-zine to you and if you like what you see and read, Please Subscribe by visiting... Gardens Designs Advice
This month I will attempt to Answer The Questions most people have when they are contemplating creating or remodeling their garden. The questions usually fall into two categories: One relating to hiring a Garden Designer... And Two relating to hiring a Landscape contractor to implement the final design.
• How do You find A Garden Designer?
• How many Garden Designers should You Interview?
• What questions should You be prepared to ask the Designers during the Interviews?
• What do You Need to do to prepare for that all important Garden Designer first meeting?
• Once You've completed the Designer Interviews... What criteria should your final selection of a Garden Designer be based on?
• Once You've selected a Designer and the process is underway... What problems can you expect to arise during the design phase of your project... And how should you deal with them?
• Once You and Your Garden Designer have finalized the garden Design Plans and Preliminary Budget... How do You proceed with the Landscape Contractor Bidding and Selection Process?
Category Two Questions Like:
• How do You find A Landscape Contractor?
• How many Landscape Contractors should You Interview?
• What questions should You be prepared to ask the Contractors during the Interviews?
• What do You Need to do to prepare for that all important Landscape Contractor first meeting?
• Once You've completed the Contractor Interviews and established Your Construction Budget... What criteria should your final selection of a Landscape Contractor be based on?
• Once You've selected a Contractor and the project is underway... What problems can you expect to arise during construction?
• What You need to do Once Your Garden is Completed... A final checklist before Signing Off on Your Project?
Since this is my first Issue of Gardens Designs Advice Let's start with a little background... When I began my career as a Landscape Designer I assisted my Clients by acting as their agent from the design process; contractor selection process; and all the way thru to completion of the project.
The knowledge I gained of Garden Design, Client Relationships, and Construction during the first fifteen years of my career have proven invaluable. But eventually I found the long hours of trying to wear all the caps (Handling the design and construction phases for my Clients) too stressful.
So, for the last fifteen years I have concentrated my energy focusing on the Design and Budget phases of the projects (Although I do visit the sites a few times as the construction progresses). I have been able to do this by surrounding myself with a group of contractors and artisans who are familiar with my work and the high standards of quality I demand, Thus I do not have to be on-site overseeing every detail on a daily basis as I was early in my career.
This refined system, and the necessity to surround myself with the best contractors and artisans, has given me a high level of knowledge and experience... Which has served me well when it comes to selecting tradesman and suppliers to implement my Garden Designs. More importantly it has given me the ability to read my Clients needs and match them up with the best people to help make their Gardens a reality.
It is this Knowledge And Experience in the field of Garden Design and Construction gained over the past three decades that I will be Sharing With You Here...
As I mentioned above The Questions most people have when they are contemplating creating or remodeling their garden fall into two categories: One relating to hiring a Garden Designer... And Two relating to hiring a Landscape contractor to implement to final design.
This is a fairly long article covering a lot of valuable information, so If You Are Thinking Of Hiring A Garden Designer Or Landscape Contractor Click Here to Read On...
Until next month,
Remember to: Make Your Garden Living Swell
Please Click Here To Go To GHgd Home Page